15.9.09

In the Field Again

Alas, I find myself in the field again. However, it's not like any other time. Right now I'm serving in a quasi PL position - supervising 14 pre-AITers as we play the role of OPFOR for the next couple of days. I've been out here since Sunday morning and it's been slow going up until last night when I received my soldiers. Now I have something to do!
Earlier today, the BN CSM came to me with a favor. He had written an important AAR that received praise, but was in the wrong format. So, while I was sitting at the computer here in the TOC, he came to me asking if I was good with computers. I said sure. He then asked my to retype his powerpoint AAR into a formal memorandum in Word. It really wasn't that hard - just took about an hour and a half.
I wrote it up and shot it back to him over email and wondered if it really helped or not. He came to me a few hours later and gave me he and the BN CDR's coin. Sweet! It's been a few years since I was given a coin. Even though it's an almost worthless peice of metal, I still felt important and appreciated when I recieved it. I guess that's what matters.

Anyhow - cheers for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment